Saturday, February 11, 2012

Dominion Cards


    
 



These are just some of the cards from the Dominion base game. Dominion cards are so elegant. Each picture gives you a sense of what action the card represents. I love the artwork on the "Village" card...and +1 card and +2 actions doesn't hurt either. 

One card that confuses me is the curse card. It isn't depicted above, but it is worth -1 victory points. As far as I can tell, it is included in the setup of every game, but they only way to use them is with the "Witch" card. I almost NEVER include the witch card in my Kingdom card choices. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had better photo embedding skills! Sorry about the crooked-ness of my post. I hope you all enjoy the cards, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and welcome to Dominion/boardgaming!

    The Curse card is also used in conjunction with many cards from the expansions. Absent some special cards, it only makes sense to buy curses to run out an additional pile to end the game faster, but this is only wise if a player already has a substantial lead, and is very hypothetical. Remember there are only 10 curses in a two player game.

    The Witch may be brutal, but I recommend playing with random setups to get a feel for all the cards and how they work with one another. Often times, the best counter is just to buy your own (at least in two player games).

    You might want to try playing Dominion online at dominion.isotropic.org. There are some very good players on there. Also check out the strategy blog at dominionstrategy.com.

    I'm also a fan of Arkham Horror; I found your blog by finding a google image link to your storage solution.

    ReplyDelete